Team Rwanda Cycling has an opening for a full time coach in Rwanda. This coaching position is for the National Cycling Team of Rwanda and also includes juniors and women. It requires the candidate to have experience coaching at the professional level. These young men compete with the professionals in Europe. It is also important for the candidate to be able to ride with the team as there are language barriers and they are better instructed through showing rather than telling. Motorcycle driving is also important. The candidate would write training programs, implement programs, work with SRM/Training Peaks files. Time commitment is ongoing and includes possible work in Eritrea and Ethiopia. It includes flights, evac insurance, visas and room and board. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please contact Kimberly Coats at [email protected]
Do you want to host a screening of Rising From Ashes? Do you want to host riders, organize a fundraiser or promote our work throughout your circles? Contact Kimberly Coats for more info teamr[email protected]
Team Rwanda part of our new entity, Team Africa Rising, is grateful to have so many individuals interested in volunteering on the ground in Rwanda. Due to the overwhelming interest of volunteers, we have implemented new guidelines to improve the experience of the individual and to better help us select the volunteers who will best fit the needs of the team. We thank you for your support and consideration in volunteering with Team Africa Rising.
Below you will find more information and the new guidelines that we are implementing. If you are interested in pursuing a volunteer position with Team Rwanda/Team Africa Rising, please let us know your availability (time frame & time of year) and send along your resume/CV.
(English teacher, yoga instructor, chef, nutritionist, massage therapist, sports psychologist, etc.):
- -Must be 21+ years of age
- Time commitment of at least 1 month; 3 months is preferred
- Responsible for all transportation fees. This includes airfare, baggage fees, and car transport to/from the training facility and airport ($160 USD round-trip).
- $100/week to cover room/board (this includes all prepared meals provided at the facility)
- Prior to volunteering in Rwanda, individual must host an event in your region to raise awareness &/or funds for Team Africa Rising. This includes, but is not limited to: film screening, individual pledge ride, group charity ride, selling t-shirts, etc.